- TI Projects for AIDS Awareness
- REDP/ SDI
- JSY/ RCH
- WCD PROGRAMME
- Road Safety
- Child Labour/ Education
Educating High-Risk Groups about AIDS and Counselling to opt for Healthy behavior.
Counseling, Testing, Abscess Management/Treatment, Advocacy meetings with stakeholders, networking, Drop-In Centre, health services, GD’s and FGD’s.
Before our work, the condom usage among them was nil now it has been raised up to a greater extent. Approximately 70% of the population allowed by the State AIDS Control Society has been tested for HIV.
EVALUATION AND RESULTS:
Meeting with peers, outreach workers, and counselors. There is Awareness among the population and a good rapport is being built with the population. The population is now motivated and using safety measures and healthy behavior.
- The organization is working under the kind financial assistance of NACO/ HACS to run TI/ FSW ( 500 no.s). Project since October 2008-2009 with Grant Sanctioned 10,65,800 /- which was received through two installments by cheque of Rs 6,02,150/- and Rs 4,21,379/- respectively.
- For the year 2009-2010, the organization has been sanctioned Rs 9,27,300/- out of which it has received the first installment of Rs 4,77,229/- respectively.
- For the year 2010-2011, the organization has been sanctioned Rs. 12,37,600 for 800Female Sex Workers against letter no. HSACS/ TI/ 2010/ 8641 dated 20/12/2010 for the tenure1st October 2010 to 30th September 2011 by Haryana State AIDS Control Society and the organization is also working under the kind financial assistance of National AIDS Control Organization/ Punjab State AIDS Control Society (500 FSWs and 100 IDUs) the grant sanctioned Rs 11,76,850 against letter no. PSACS/ NGO/ 201/ 2075/ 85 dated 31/05/2011 for the tenure 1st May 2011 to 30th April 2012.
- For The Tenure 2012-13, The Organisation Has Received Rs. 6,33,050/- As The First Installment For IT/FSW project Kindly Supported By HSACS / NACO.
- Morning glory public society has received grants for 2014-2015 from Haryana state AIDS control society for Targeted Intervention project Rewari with a target of 800 FSW with a Sanctioned amount of Rs 18,94,222/- i.e Rupees eighteen lakh, ninety-four thousand, two hundred twenty-two only.
- MGPS has received grants for 2014-2015 from Punjab State AIDS control society for targetted Intervention Project at Ferojepur (PB) with a Target of 250 FSW and 250 IDU’s with a sanctioned amount of Rs 19,19,600/- i.e Rupees Ninteen lakh, nineteen thousand, six hundred only and also for targetted Intervention Project Kapurthala ()PB target of 700 FSW’s and 250 IDU’s with a sanctioned amount of Rs 25,12,550/- i.e Rupees twenty-five lakh, twelve thousand, five hundred and fifty only.
MGPS also lays stress on skill development initiative programs for unskilled youth. During past years the organization organized various SDI programs under the kind assistance of NABARD Chandigarh. The youth is first trained in a particular skill and helps them to get linked with banks for loans.
To risen the income generation activities of women and make them competent enough
Skill Development Program (SDI/ SDP) and Rural Entrepreneurship Development program was conducted.
Ladies are doing well in society after getting vocational training and raised their income generation activities.
EVALUATION AND RESULTS:
Personal of the organization kept a close check on these activities and motivate them. There is awareness among the ladies and a rapport is being built within them which helped them in making their own self-help groups.
In order to reduce MMR and IMR with the help of an organization and initiated the Janani Suvidha Yojna. This scheme includes private health providers with the objectives of improving the accessibility of good quality antenatal, natal, and postnatal services to pregnant mothers of urban slums. To improve the technical quality of maternal and child health services and provides good quality contraceptives, vaccines, and other supplies to the urban poor.
Upliftment of unemployed youth and safe deliveries of newborn through Janani Suvidha Yojna and the objective of Reproductive Child Health program:
- To improve the health status of pregnant women and reduction in maternal mortality.
- To improve the health of children up to 5 yrs. And the reduction in infant mortality.
- To promote family planning methods for the spacing of children and reducing the birth rate.
- To improve sex ratio by discouraging female feticide.
- To improve the health status of adolescent girls and their sensitization on RCH issues.
10 Sakhis in the areas for the follow up till the deliveries in their respective areas.
In the last three years even not a single abnormality has arisen with the newborn.
EVALUATION AND RESULTS:
There is a supervisor on those Sakhi’s and with the project coordinator. The work was appreciable and still running.
The organization organizes health check-up camps time and again in the community especially for women. These camps are organized in the areas where a need is felt and for poor women to go too far off areas for their treatment and health check-ups. Awareness camps are organized from time to time in urban slums and rural areas concerned with Female Foeticide, Gender Sensitization, and Education, etc. The organization is always putting efforts to improve the economic as well as social status of women and to improve the health status of children.
Camps for STI/ STDs females who hesitate a lot to go for a check-up.
Health Practitioners are there to give their services. Various Vocational Training program was organized
In the last three years even not a single abnormality has arisen with the newborn and the benificiaries trained under various skill development programs after honing the skills raised their socio-economic status.
Accident on roads, are increasing every minute and hour, keeping in view its importance the organization launches many road safety awareness campaigns. MGPS distributed free reflector fixing eye checkup camps for drivers and distributed spectacles. Nukkad Nattaks (Plays on Street) and Puppet shows were organized with effective and entertaining scripts and reflecting different signs and rules.
To risen the safe behavior on roads and safe driving.
Seminars, Lectures, Road Shows, and puppet shows on streets.
The population is having awareness of the rules and regulations on road.
EVALUATION AND RESULTS:
Personal of the organization kept a close check on these activities and motivate the population. There is awareness among the population and made them follow safety measures on road.
The organization builds up awareness among parents on the misuse and dangers associated with child labor. The organization also organizes the campaign to educate and enlighten the community on the need to discourage child labor and by providing facilities for non-formal education centers for the reduction of child labor as well as to care for the children of migrant labor living in pockets. MGPS also focuses attention on the vulnerability of children to any kind of disease, drug addiction.
MGPS laid full stress on education for Drop out children and those who have never been to any school to financial problems with parents, especially for girls. MGPS is running alternative and innovative education centers and AIE/ vocational centers. Monthly training is also provided to volunteers, working as teachers. The education will help them to be sensitive, intelligent, and integrated.
An education centre for the children of FSW’s who are denied admissions to school due to their profession.
Motivate and streamline the children for formal education for their better future.
Alternative Innovative Educational Centre was opened in areas. Children were admitted to government or private institution. Education material and instructor along with mid day meal was provided to them. Health camps were also organized at Brick Klins along with that distributed First Aid Kits
More than 70% of the slum children are still continuing their formal education.
EVALUATION AND RESULTS:
Over time government evaluation was done. Follow ups, Monthly Meetings were conducted. The work was appreciable and having a sustainable centre.
The organization has been counselling family disputes. Counsellors appointed try their best to patch up the differences among them. Beside this the society organizes various legal awareness programmes. The society is running a counselling center for Both (Men & Women).
BESIDE THIS ALL THE ORGANIZATION IS RUNNING
RURAL AWARENESS GENERATION PROGRAMME
A very low percentage of people taking advantage of their rights. MGPS Personnel’s along with the field workers deputed in the villages made contact with potential as well unemployed youth arrange discussions in individuals and in small groups, motivated them to take full knowledge of each right (women rights). Motivate them to get aware of their legal rights and guide them as per need.
INCOME GENERATION ACTIVITIES
MGPS has formulated self-help groups. MGPS ensures income generation activities by credit linking with banks. MGPS is working for the activities among them so as to upgrade and improve their economic as well as social status.
The promotion of cultural activities among the community is very essential in the present scenario. People are losing interest. MGPS is trying to put its efforts to aware general masses regarding different beliefs, customs, values through cultural activities which involve Plays, puppet shows, Nukkad Natak, folk dances, etc. MGPS also organizes seminars, competitions, debates among students to motivate them in cultural activities.
MGPS provide Immunization against Diphtheria Tetanus, Whooping Cough, tuberculosis to all women. Typhoid vaccine and Polio Drops are also provided to all children. Children are also immunized against Measles.
ENVIRONMENT AWARENESS PROGRAMMES
Morning Glory Public Society successfully organizes environmental awareness campaigns taking school children as targeted groups. The Targeted Groups are educated/ awarded for the role they play to control pollution, proper use of water, etc. because they act as catalysts to spread the awareness. Morning Glory Public Society also lays stress on the plantation and planting trees in schools, colleges, hospitals, and cremation grounds since 1998.